19959Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Best Rain fly/tarp to use for lightweight backpacking with hammo

  • Ralph Oborn
    Apr 9, 2009
      I like the shock cords on tarps but beware.

      If the cord is stretched it stores energy, if someone wandering in the night
      (like you) trips over a line and pulls out the stake. then the stake is
      launched towards the hammock. If my luck runs as it usually does then the
      pointed end will puncture the tarp or hammock (or me).

      I learned this one morning while pulling out my shockcorded stakes. (non
      fatal) :]

      Ralph