      From: Brett
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 3:14 PM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Best Rain fly/tarp to use for lightweight backpacking with hammock

      REI sells Polyurethane-treated ripstop nylon rainfly called the ENO DryFly Rainfly. it sells for 79.99. how is this material different from the silnylon i have heard people rave about. is one better than the other and why? i definately will not spend more than 50 bucks for a rainfly... even that seems excessive when you can get along with a 9 dollar blue tarp ( even if it is heavier and bulkier) does anyone have a good suggestion for a good rainfly.. and no i don't think i'm going to attempt to make this one item.. even if i am up for making my own gear 90% of the time.