      From: Brett <dirtbikenguy2@...>
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Hanging technique
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, March 29, 2009, 7:56 PM

      I think its about time i introduced myself. My name is Brett, i'm 26 and have been using a hammock for camping for a season although i've only made it out about 4 times. I have tried it in snowy cold weather as well as summer time with success. I usually hike the AT around Ny/CT/Mass .

      My question is if anyone has hung their hammock from a single rope tied between two trees with two pre-measured loops tied in the rope. I have thought of this idea but have not tried it out. My thought is that you could determine how far apart you preferred your hammock ends to be for the slope or curve of your liking and then you could tie your loops at that distance and just tie the rope to the tree with your hammock below this rope hanging from those two loops. this would keep your hammock hanging pretty much the same way despite the distance between the trees you find.

      If this topic or detailed hanging technique has been spoken about feel free to send me to the right location; as i know much has been said about hanging technique.

      -Brett-