19887Re: [Hammock Camping] eno hammocks

  • Sandy Kramer
    Feb 18, 2009
      Any chance of photos (with closeups!) of your cinch straps?

      sandy in miami

      > I had considered the climbing o-rings (smc?) but decided that the
      cinch buckle had less pieces, less weight, and was much simpler in
      design. I do have loops sewn into the other ends of my support
      webbing onto which I have carabiners looped through for lightning-
      fast tree attachment (a couple wraps of the webbing and a quick snap
      of the carabiner and I'm up!). I *was* using the classical double
      looped webbing tree huggers when I started hammocking after
      purchasing a Byer....and used it when I was still using the stock
      rope with the claytor but it quickly became apparent that they were
      too short and I grew tired of constantly keeping track of extra
      components. When camping I want my life simpler!! With everything
      attached to the hammock all I have to do is pull out one of the
      webbing carabiners, attach that end to a tree, pull out the other one
      and attach it to another tree and then pull on the opposite ends of
      the webbing--attached to the cinch buckles---give a little tug and
      I'm all set to crash! ;o)

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic