19865Keeping feet out of bottom-entry slit/wasRe: Tall guy looking to

  • shokulan
    Feb 6 7:08 AM
      Hi Rosaleen,

      Thanks for setting the record straight. I read through all the pages
      in the Hennessey Hammock website a few years ago, but did not go back
      to fact check when making my post.

      A zipper in the entry is a zipper in a highly stressed spot. I don't
      know how long it would last. It's probably best for the zipper if it
      opens from bottom to top.

      It's these snags with zippers that gives me second thoughts about
      putting a zipper in the netting.

      CL

      <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

      > Hi, guys-
      >
      > A couple of misconceptions to nip before they become accepted.
      >
      > No, the early Hennessys did not have zippers. They may have had a
      few spots of Velcro or none. (Had one of the early ones.) Hennessy
      did try zippers in the prototype Safari models. (I tested one.) They
      had a complex system of rings and strings to open and close the
      zipper. Tom decided to discontinue that idea. Zippers break and are
      not truly field repairable. Field repairs are why I prefer buttons
      over snaps and zippers, btw.

      > The Hyperlight that I have has a full entry closure with Velcro. I
      don't remember if the Adventure models have no Velcro or just spots.
      I think the latter.

      > Regards,
      >
      > Rosaleen
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic