19840Re: [Hammock Camping] Tall guy looking to get into a hammock

  • David Ball, RiverJourneys, Inc.
    Jan 31, 2009
      I am 6'2" and 250 and have slept in a Claytor more often than not since last March. I have been very comfortable. My back has improved dramatically and the whole flat thing for me was overplayed. Part of what I have enjoyed is having my feet, after a tough day on the water or at work, above my head. Instant relief! There are a zillion options out there. It might pay to try to find someone close by that has a couple of hammocks you could try.

      There are folks here with a lot more knowledge than me, however; I can tell you that even with just my beginning set up, I am comfortable, sleep better than ever, and I will never go back to the ground. I even pass on my waterbed when it isn't -23 outside as I so enjoy my hammock. If it is above single digits, most nights I am hanging outside. Explore, read, search, read, talk to folks, read. I guess you get the reading thing huh!

      Here is a link to Claytor: http://www.mosquitohammock.com/

      There are lots of options, also check out: http://hammockforums.net

      I have gotten lots of good information there.

      That's about all I know. ;)

      David and Cara Lawson-Ball
      RiverJourneys Inc.

      `Nice? It's the only thing,' said the Water Rat solemnly, as he leant forward for his stroke. `Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing -- absolute nothing -- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats. Simply messing,' he went on dreamily: `messing -- about -- in -- boats; messing -- --

      Wind in the Willows

      Dedicated to providing our customers personal growth,
      team building, and leadership development through outdoor adventure.