      From: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com [mailto:hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of pure mahem
      Sent: Tuesday, January 27, 2009 10:26 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] WEBBING STRAPS

      I wish our home economics class had been outfitted to show us how to sew
      with a machine. everything they taught us about sewing in our school was
      hand sewing and I couldn't sew an evenly stitched straight line if my life
      depended on it. I have learned quite a bit all by myself teaching myself how
      to use a sewing machine. I am comfortable with using it and do some pretty
      nice work if I do say so my self but no where near what i've seen from some
      professional seemstesses. I wish I could sew anything and everything but I
      still have a lot to learn I'm afraid. I am going to try my hand at making
      some wool garments for outdoor use. I really want a wool hoody but have
      never seen anyone make one in a 6xlt so I will be searching for a fabric
      store that carries some nice earthtone wool that I could complete that with.
      I've checked out Wally World and they have nothing in that area. I will have
      to do some exploration in my area as I'm unfamiliar with any fabric
      stores being located in the area.
      Does anyone have any experience with sewing Tyvek is it easy to sew or is
      there a trick to it? I think I'm going to attempt a poncho and a tarp out of
      it.

      For those interested I found this site, I previously thought Tyvek was
      unavailable in an unprinted form.
      http://goodling_outdoor.tripod.com/