1979Re: Summer and the hammock

  • colonelcorn76
    Jul 1, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Risk" <geoflyfisher@y...>
      wrote:

      > Thanks Jim! This is just the info I was wanting. Personally,
      with a
      > nightime temp of 50 I had a problem with cold back at 3AM a few
      > months back, using just a sleeping bag. Perhaps you sleep warmer
      > than I do.

      Maybe. The bag I use is a 30 (or 35?) degree down mummy bag. So even
      though I'm compressing what's under me it seems to hold enough to
      keep me from getting chilled (I also usually wear some sort of
      clothing to bed -- last week it was a t-shirt and silk boxers). The
      shell on the bag is water repellent (not waterproof) so it's likely
      to be keeping the air from moving through easily as well.

      Jim
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic