      From: Ed Speer [mailto:info@...]
      Sent:
      Tuesday, July 01, 2003 8:20 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: Hammock Camping Question on a HEAVY USE hammock

      Jodi, I feel your pain!  Having a hammock fail under you is certainly not conducive for sleep!

      Your hanging space is limited and thus not suitable for many stands that  angle outward as much as 15'.  Instead of a stand, can you mount directly to the walls?  I've hung my hammock in the bedroom using 3/4" thick eyebolts screwed into 4' long 2X4's that are mounted horizontially so they could be screwed into several of the vertical studs inside the walls--dosen't look pretty, but it works.  My walls are sheetrock over thin boards.  Attaching the horizontal 2X4's to the wall studs is the key--I used lots of 4" long screws.  This has held for several years now and I too sleep in the hammock nearly every night.

      Hope you're back up and sleeping soon!  ....Ed