      From: Jeff <jwj32542@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 3, 2009 11:53:32 PM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] alcohol stove for hammock backpacker?

      This thread motivated me to make my first cat stove.  I made one from a
      steel 3oz can I had in the cabinet and a Red Bull can.  Boiled 16 oz
      water in just over 4 min...probably the fastest I've ever had with an
      alcohol stove.  I like that I don't need a pot stand with it...this may
      replace my JetBoil on some hikes.  Maybe... :D

      Jeff