      From: Risk [mailto:geoflyfisher@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 12:39 PM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Hammock Camping Re: Summer and the hammock

      Jim wrote:

      > I stopped using a pad when the temps got to 50 at night. I sleep in
      > a bag which gives me something underneath (sometimes unzipped
      > though) until the temps are mid-60s at which point I use the bag as
      > a quilt with nothing under me & the hammock.

      Thanks Jim!  This is just the info I was wanting.  Personally, with a
      nightime temp of 50 I had a problem with cold back at 3AM a few
      months back, using just a sleeping bag.  Perhaps you sleep warmer
      than I do.

      Other's experiences?  I don't remember Ed covering this in the
      otherwise complete book.  However, it is likely that his book is more
      complete than my memory.  I was reading it in the winter with a
      particular set of filters in my brain.