19658Re: [Hammock Camping] Keeping warm in winter

    Jan 3, 2009

      > Ed, I've been using the "hot hands" warmers for years while snow camping
      > with my scouts.
      > I would vote for them as the way to go over an electrical sytem.
      >
      > 1. Cheap (50 cents each)
      > 2. Reliable (keep them in your winter pack)
      > 3. Light weight (couple of oz each)
      > 4. Flexible (don't use for warm nights, use two or three for cold
      nights)
      > 5. No chance of an electrical.
      > 6. Uncomplicated
      > 7. Proven
      >
      > Ralph (Pocatello)

      Thanks Ralph... I just looked over their site
      http://www.heatmax.com/HotHands/index.htm and they have a variety of
      products for this.

      I can see why you like them so much, with the climate you are in and
      the Boy Scouts. I suspect they are required safety items for you?
      They make a lot of sense for those just in case situations where
      something happens you weren't prepared for or when you just need a
      little more than what you have.

      Dave
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic