19657Re: [Hammock Camping] Keeping warm in winter

    Jan 3, 2009

      > Youngblood, do you have any thoughts on safety or condensation
      problems with
      > this stove & the WinterTarp? ..Ed

      Yeah I do and I can't get past the safely issues. I don't think
      silnylon is flame retardant to start with, I don't think our
      WinterTarp is large enough when closed off for a wood burning stove,
      and I think you might want something with a shape that was more
      accommodating and had some means of exhausting the fumes for a wood
      burning stove.

      Our WinterTarp is designed for backpacking and as such it was designed
      to be flexible enough to handle a wide range of conditions. When
      backpacking with hammocks you don't always want your shelter closed
      off or be confined to cleared and flat tent spots with appropriate
      trees. Sometimes you just want rain protection and as much view as
      possible, and sometimes you might want to camp on a slope in a cove
      protected from the wind, etc. You are looking at something pretty
      specialized when you are talking about a hammock tent/tarptent that
      safely accommodates a wood burning stove for warmth.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood 2000AT
      WinterTarp
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic