      From: Tom Frazier <wildewudu@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, January 3, 2009 12:48:17 AM
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] alcohol stove for hammock backpacker?

      Vargo makes two different models of titanium "pop can" stove. I've got this one: http://www.vargoout doors.com/ store/VARGO- OUTDOORS- VARGO-TITANIUM- SERIES/c126_ 127/p1072/ Titanium- Decagon-Backpack ing-Stove/ product_info. html?osCsid= c6ce3caa4d137f33 d175124987917c3f

      I think my homemade popcan stove works better, but this titanium stove isn't that bad. It does the job, so long as you provide a windscreen (tinfoil?). I cut ends off a tin can, drilled some holes on either side (one for air intake the other for flame/heat outtake) and put it on top of my titanium stove on top of which goes my titan kettle. The base of this stove is four inches so it fits perfect into the msr titan kettle.