1965RE: Hammock Camping Field use questions

  • J Cornelius
    Jul 1, 2003

      No offense but how the hell did you do THAT?????????  I’ve had mine on a good rock but it has NEVER rolled – course, I also tie the sides out

      From: colonelcorn76 [mailto:colonelcorn76@...]
      Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2003 11:23 AM
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: Hammock Camping Field use questions

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, amy <askowronek@m...> wrote:
      > I'm not Shane, but I've spent a fair amount of time reaching out
      of my
      > hammock.  As far as the hammock movement goes, with the HH
      > it doesn't really matter.  You can't roll it over, so the motion
      > be unsettling but isn't dangerous.

      Au contraire mon ami! I have awoken on more than one occassion (3 I
      think) where I was looking up at the solid fabric and when I turned
      my head, I was looking down through the no-see-um netting. The good
      news is that nothing tore or broke or anything. I pushed my feet up
      (!) through the slit and pulled them over & down to stand up. Simple
      matter to spin it around the ridgeline and re-tie the hammock guy
      lines. (Must have thrashed something serious in my sleep or tied
      really bad knots.)

      The first time I was sure I must have wrecked the thing. The other
      two times I just got out and back in again. No sweat.

      I'm about 180 and spend have a HH Ultralight A-Sym.