      From: Tom Galvin <thebaldguyd@...>
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, 28 Dec 2008 2:04 pm
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Introduction

      Hi Rosalleen,Ratty,Holly and 60+ and -60 and/or to whom it
      may concern, we are doing a Adirondack kayak trip on Long Lake 7/10-13
      and the Raquette River from Long Lake to Tupper (no white water) from
      7/24-27 this summer. Two of us are HH users. Maybe if you guys join us
      HH will get contagious with in the club. Our sites '09 schedule should
      be finished mid January.

      Tom Galvin

      Cold Spring Kayak Club

      Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 10:29 AM

      Hiya, back!

      Are you "Ratty" form WomenHikers? If so, you may remember me, Rosaleen.

      Just south of the Adirondacks may put
      you within shouting distance of
      me, as I live a bit west of Boston.

      At anyrate, we have in common Hennessy Hammocks, moseying, and being in
      the same age range. (I reach 59 soon.) Hubby and I have a very rarely
      used canoe. I would consider getting a second-hand kayak, after I have
      a chance to see if my beat-up back can handle paddling one.

      I'm surprised that you went with a Safari Deluxe. They are HUGE. Even
      when weight is less of a consideration, an Expedition-sized hammock
      (same size as Asym Backpacker and Hyperlight models) is plenty for me
      at 5'9" and the Explorer is plenty large enough for hubby at 6'3." The
      Safari could fit 2 normal-sized people, but they would be smashed
      together... Too much "cuddling" to really sleep well for me. I can
      anslwer a lot of questions about Hennessy Hammocks, but my little
      comfort tricks for my Asym Backpacker would need to be modified to work
      with the much larger Safari.

      If you want to cross paths sometime, I can see about renting/borrowing
      a kayak, or hiking around your kayaking schedule, hooking up to camp.
      There may be a trail that roughly parallels one of your water trips.
      Alternatively, we might recruit someone to share my canoe.

      IntroductionPosted by: "holliscbarton" ratsmouth@aol. com
      holliscbartonDate: Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:39 am ((PST)) Hiya! New member
      here, and new to
      hammock camping, but not to camping. I'm a 60 year old
      female living just south of the Adirondacks and just bought a HH Safari
      Deluxe. Not all that interested in shaving weight, but in having an
      alternative to tent camping, especially as I get older and creakier.
      Also, I kayak camp, so having a shelter that's compact and easy to put
      up in a variety of ways to serve as bed, chair, lounge and kitchen fly
      is important to me. I camp with a couple of other 60+ year old crones.
      We're all avid campers, paddlers and "moseyers" and just enjoy each
      other's good company in the woods and on the lakes. Looking forward to
      picking up ideas for making my HH comfortable and convenient. Anybody
      else out there belong to the Baby Boom Generation?