19623Re: Introduction

  • Hollis
    Dec 27, 2008
      Hi there,

      I'm not a baby boomer, but I'm a hammocker from just north of the
      Adirondacks, and I think we share a first name: I'm Hollis, too.

      Hammocks are FANTASTIC for the Adirondacks. If there's anything I can
      do to help (including a get-together/hammock geek session), please let
      me know!

      Best,
      Hollis

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "holliscbarton" <ratsmouth@...>
      wrote:

      > Hiya!
      >
      > New member here, and new to hammock camping, but not to camping.
      I'm a 60 year old
      > female living just south of the Adirondacks and just bought a HH
      Safari Deluxe. Not all that
      > interested in shaving weight, but in having an alternative to tent
      camping, especially as I get
      > older and creakier. Also, I kayak camp, so having a shelter that's
      compact and easy to put up
      > in a variety of ways to serve as bed, chair, lounge and kitchen fly
      is important to me. I camp
      > with a couple of other 60+ year old crones. We're all avid campers,
      paddlers and "moseyers"
      > and just enjoy each other's good company in the woods and on the lakes.
      >
      > Looking forward to picking up ideas for making my HH comfortable and
      convenient.
      > Anybody else out there belong to the Baby Boom Generation?

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic