19618Re: Introduction

  • Jeff
    Dec 27, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "holliscbarton"
      <ratsmouth@...> wrote:

      > in a variety of ways to serve as bed, chair, lounge and kitchen fly
      is important to me.

      Then you'll surely want a larger tarp than the one that comes
      standard with the HH. There are several option available...Speer has
      an 8'x10' and an 11'x10' Winter Tarp, JRB has an 11'x10', and MacCat
      has a few models you may be interested in.

      www.speerhammocks.com
      www.jacksrbetter.com
      www.outdoorequipmentsupplier.com

      There are also cheaper ones since weight isn't as much of a factor
      for you...check on the Kelty Noah 9 or the Guide Gear 9'x9' and
      12'x12'.

      Any of these will give you room to lounge and cook, sit with your
      friends, etc. I usually hang my son next to me under the same tarp
      when the site is right.

      Welcome to the gang!

      Jeff
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic