1961Hammock Camping Re: Summer and the hammock

  • Risk
    Jul 1, 2003
      Thanks Bear,

      Yeah, I do just fine with the Target 3/8 pad down to about 30 with
      just a quilt. Add some fleece under me (micro fleece long pants and
      a pullover) and I'm good down to below 20. Below that and I need a
      second pad.

      Your info about when you drop the pad entirely is very useful.

      <dchinell@m...> wrote:
      > Rick:
      >
      > I'm still proofing my temperature chart, but I use a 3/8
      > inch closed-cell pad between 55 and 65, and drop the pad
      > when it's over 65. I think I'm a cold sleeper.
      >
      > I also think a windblock device, like a poncho or GI might
      > do the trick once it's over 60. I just haven't been able to
      > test that.
      >
      > Bear
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic