19609hammock tents

  • Sandy Kramer
    Dec 24, 2008
      I just googled hammock tents and came up with the Siam Hammock Tent,
      that has, apparently been around for some time . comments going back
      to 03, and it is in the index for Ed Speer's book, so I'll go back
      and take a look.

      ...it was referred to as cheap in Thailand, but I find it on sale for
      $179 http://ovck.com/3AccessoreisF1.htm

      I love my el cheapo Byer's of Maine Moskito Traveller, but don't
      always find trees in the right spot in florida.

      has anyone modified a hammock so you could use as a tent? Mine has
      lots of string - as opposed to a gathered hammock.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer"
      <sandykayak@...> wrote:

      > http://www.jacksrbetter.com/Hammock%20Hut.htm
      >
      > sandy in miami
      >

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "ginohav" <ginohav@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Winter hammock camping is great except for wind chill (known by
      > other
      > > names as well). While a rain fly will reduce wind chill it
      doesn't
      > > eliminate it and if the temp. drops low enough even the most
      > hardened
      > > winter hammock camper (if you don't build snow walls ect.)will go
      > to a
      > > tent. Why not just design a winter hammock tent. I'm talking a
      true
      > > winter tent and not just a modified rain fly used as a tent. I
      > snowshoe
      > > into camp pulling a small sled and an extra 5 lbs means nothing
      > me.
      > > I'd rather be warm and comfortable then try a save a couple of
      oz's
      > off
      > > my gear weight.I work outside in minus temp. everyday and wind is
      > the
      > > biggest killer of all. I would design this tent without a floor
      so
      > > can add a small tent (fold up type) wood burning stove. I'm
      talking
      > > real winter camping and not going out for a night or two in clear
      > > weather. While we are at it why not design a true winter hammock
      > with
      > > insulation built into the hammock? Just my thoughts.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic