19603Re: Extra large + thick sleeping pads

  • Sandy Kramer
    Dec 9, 2008
      I FINALLY found a Therm-A-Rest (I have regular and prolite) where I
      could feel the difference in comfort level...tho haven't tried it out
      in the field for a whole night:

      http://www.thermarest.com/product_detail.aspx?pID=130&cID=2

      Also, I love the women's length. But I forgot to order the stuff
      sack so haven't been able to see it rolled up. It will be OK for
      kayak camping, but probably too bulky for backpacking.

      sandy in miami

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, Blake Robert <xflagstaff9@...>
      wrote:

      > Re. sleeping pads: if you search ebay with the search terms: wide
      sleeping pad---there is a seller offering a pad made of the same
      material as a military pad but 1/2" thick, 32" wide, plus, the
      standard 6' long and rolling to 8" wide. I bought two and the only
      thing I did not like is that the surface is a bit smooth compared to
      the military issue ones. I also thought the shipping charge was a bit
      high for the Phoenix area to Flagstaff. But, it did arrive very fast.