      ________________________________

      From: Bruce W. Calkins blackwolfe@...
      I find that a crossed pair of 3 foot by 2 foot 1/4 inch closed cell pads
      with a 3/4 length thermarest on top of that might get me to freezing.  I
      have a few ideas for colder, but at this point, I have little time to spend
      testing.  I did try a twin sized mattress pad slung under the hammock last
      fall with moderate success.  Some trimming would help that one, especially
      after the cat sharpened her claws on it last summer.