      ________________________________
      From: Dave Womble dpwomble@...

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, EHamilton
      <imagainst_the_wind@...> wrote:

      > Would putting my regular ThermaRest inside it be adequate, you
      think? I'm only expecting cold nights at the start and then again in
      NH and ME.

      > MacGyver

      I don't think there is a regular ThermaRest, there is more to it than
      you might realize.  There are quite a variety of ThermaRest pads and
      the amount of insulation varies between the various pads.  Some might
      be enough by themselves while others might not... some are only
      adequate for summer temperatures, others are adequate for sleeping on
      snow, and many fall in between.

      Most people do find that they need something wider using pads in
      hammocks because of the wrapping nature of a hammock on your shoulders
      and how that tends to compress sleeping bags or quilts in that area.
      Well placed clothes, stuff sacks or a segmented pad extender help with
      that.

      Dave Womble
      aka Youngblood AT2000
      WinterTarp