19580Re: [Hammock Camping] Springer Mtn Campout Dec 31, 2008

  • Richard Perlman
    Dec 5, 2008
      I use a PeaPod with an extra quilt inside for temps into the teens.
      Love it!

      You definitely give up convenience and privacy for comfort. I switched
      4 years ago and would only go to the ground if there was nothing to hang
      from.

      One thing gained, though, since I use an 8 x 10 tarp over my hammock, is
      a large covered area for several people to hang out under and cook under
      if it rains. This is something I did not have with my tent.

      Hang in there!

      Rich