19579Re: [Hammock Camping] Springer Mtn Campout Dec 31, 2008

  • Mark Bayern
    Dec 5, 2008
      Good questions.

      > My ponderings about hammocking: Cold backside in cold weather (as in "Bridge
      > freezes before road surface")

      Yep, that is an issue. I use a pad inside the hammock, but it can be
      pain. Folks who are more serious about cold weather seem to do well
      with a quilt hung under the hammock.

      > ... enough inside space for changing clothes,
      > bathing, etc; and whether I'd like it.... I don't want to set out on a

      I use a Hennesey, which is a bottom entry hammock so I can, when
      necessary, stand up 'inside' the hammock to change. It leaves my lower
      legs out in the open, but who cares? I'm normally in locations where
      changing out in the open is not an issue. Bathing? never tried it in a
      tent or a hammock.

      > ... and whether I'd like it....

      Yep, that is the big question. For me once I tried the hammock I
      decided to stay off the ground. This being the hammock camping group,
      you'll probably find that most of use probably feel the same way.

      Mark