19574Springer Mtn Campout Dec 31, 2008

    Dec 5 6:51 AM
      I hope everyone is planning to attend our annual winter hammock campout
      on Springer Mtn, GA. Here in western NC, its now turned quite cold
      with some nights in the teens, so cold weather has difinately arrived.
      The Springer Mtn campout is often a real test for winterized hammocks,
      although we've seen lows only in the 40s before. If planning to join
      us, you should keep a close eye on the weather, as the access road is
      gravel & not maintained in the winter--snow or ice can easily make it
      unpassable. In spite of the weather, we often have 10-20 hammock
      campers plus an equal number of ground sleepers for New Year's Eve on

      The following link provides more details:

      Happy Hammocking....Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Owner, Speer Hammocks, Inc