      From: j.a. tackett <conifir1@...>
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Is 1 stud enough?
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 6:53 AM

      being a carpenter of 30 plus years.....you will pull that eye bolt out....

      i do not know if you own your house.......but if you do ....you can take a
      2x6     with a plate on the cieling running from joist to joist mounted with
      screws and a plate on the floor running from floor joist to floor joist mounted
      with screws and a verticle 4x4 mounted to these 2 plates....that will do
      it.....and drill a hole in each verticle 4x4  for a nice secure tie down
      .....that is how i would approach this project

      if you want to make this more appealing to the eye then you will be tearing out
      sheet rock or plaster and flooring to mount your verticle to the house framing
      with carriage bolts....
      then repairing your sheet rock and flooring ......

      either way good luck