      From: Neal <nealaustin@...>
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Is 1 stud enough?
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 8:31 PM

      I've been out in the hammock quite a bit and want to hang a hammock in
      a room in my house. I have a typical American house with 2x4 studs
      that are 16" apart under gypsum board. My question is: If I screw a
      eye-bolt with into a stud in each of the walls would it hold? Would
      the horozontal pull possibly damage the walls. The walls are 9 feet
      apart and non-load bearing. Would I need to structure the load over 2
      studs? I weigh 200 lbs