19538Re: which is best, inflatable or foam sleeping mat

  • sjedwardson
    Nov 9, 2008
      what about the science side of the argument? I was always lead to
      believe that a still pocket of air would insulate much better than
      anything compressed. Considering that is all the thermarest style of
      mats is would that make it a better choice or do the smaller pockets
      of air/foam make for a better insulation layer?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Vickers" <redroach@...>
      wrote:

      > No, the foam pad is too bulky to roll into the snakeskins.
      > They may seem fragile, but mine has taken a fair amount of abuse
      over 3-4
      > years and is still going strong. I roll/fold it and put it in the
      bottom of
      > my pack before I take the hammock down in the mornings.
      >
      > I have never had any issues with the durability of the pad
      >
      > TV

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic