      From: sjedwardson <sam.edwardson@...>
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: which is best, inflatable or foam sleeping mat
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Sunday, November 9, 2008, 3:49 AM

      Thanks for the replies, all good sound advice. I think I shall take a
      bivvy bag to put the sleeping bag into so I have an extra layer around
      me and then I can also pack that full of stuff if I start to get cold.
      It also sounds like that either the thermarest or the foam are
      equally good so thanks to those that replied.

      Sam

      --- In hammockcamping@ yahoogroups. com, pure mahem <pure_mahem@ ...> wrote:

      > If you've never tested that bag in those conditions before you may
      want to bring some extra insulation. Wind chill and precipitation can
      severly affect that rating 2C with a 10kmh wind is gonna make that 0c
      bag feel like a paper thin napkin. If you add in some rain with a
      cross wind your a soggy frozen napkin. I'm Not trying to deter you but
      just for warn you to bring some extra insulation to be prepared. Since
      your car camping I'ls bring almost everything I have to help me stay
      warm so you not only have something to fall back on but you also can
      experiment with different items to find out what works best for you!
      Everyone does something just a little bit different mainly because
      everyone has a different opinion and everyone sleeps differently from
      each other. Some cold some warm! Above all have a Great Trip!!!