19530Re: [Hammock Camping] which is best, inflatable or foam sleeping mat

  • C C Wayah
    Nov 8, 2008
      Sam,
      Are you car camping or backpacking and what are the expected night temps adn
      wind? Are you using a hammock or sleeping on the ground?
      Does your backpack require a tubular rolled foam mat inserted for
      stabilization?

      IF car camping and lying on the ground I'd take both matts, If you are
      getting into cold weather say under 50-45F degress in a hammock I'd take
      both matts for the added warmth and a mylar blanket just in case you get
      really cold.

      Have you tested your sleeping bag for it;s warmth for your own comfort range
      at the temps you expect to be camping..
      In other words your reqirements need to match the weather conditions you
      expect.

      Rogene.
      ..

      .