19518Re: [Hammock Camping] Exped Down Mat 7 or Stephenson's DAM

  • Jeff Palmer
    Oct 27, 2008
      I use a Stephenson DAM on the ground as well as with my hammock. I
      won't camp without it. On the ground, it is far superior to any other
      pad I've tried. The DAM also works well with my Speer type hammock.
      To use it with the hammock, I can't have much sag and can't sleep at
      an angle. The pad will slide so the hammock has to be flat. I've
      slept in the hammock with the DAM down to 10 degrees F. I do put
      clothing along the side of the pad where I might touch the hammock
      for more insulation. The pad is 28 inches wide, wider than other pads
      I've tried.

      Jeff