19462Re: Places to camp in the uk (or to be precise in the south east)

  • JC
    Sep 23, 2008
      Sam,

      Also originally from Essex. Being a rural county. it's always good to
      get friendly with your local farmers. i have had success in the county
      over a number of years. As long as you ask the permission of the land
      owner and remember not to camp near any livestock and discuss the low
      impact of hammock camping. Most farmers won't mind. Fire lighting is
      something some farmers allow if you show you are repsponsible and
      carefull not to make fires near any leaf litter, crops. I can't give
      farms to you as it can depend on the time of the year what crops,
      livestock they have. But I've had a 100% record just turning up on my
      bike with a hammock and a friendly respectfull approach to the farmers.

      John

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sjedwardson"
      <sam.edwardson@...> wrote:

      > I am a keen hammock camper but living in essex there are no places
      > that I am aware of that will accommodate my interest. Does anyone
      > know of any good camp sites/farms that will allow me to camp. All and
      > any help would be greatly appreciated.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > Sam

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic