1944Summer and the hammock

  • Risk
    Jul 1, 2003
      We posted a lot of experience last winter about using a hammock in
      cold weather. Diane and I are going to take an overnight on
      Thursday. Nightime low is expected to be "in the mid 60s. Daytime
      temps are to be in the upper 80s.

      What experience do we have with going padless in the hammock? How
      warm does it have to be before the hammock works better as a keep me
      cool enough to sleep without a pad system?

      I'd guess this is one of the reasons our fellow Central American
      hammockers use the hammock. After all, they probably need to stay
      cool when sleeping instead of sleeping on a pile of insulation.

      Shane, some of your comments about sleeping in summertime LA come to
      mind, but I don't remember any of it with specific nightime lows
      mentioned.

      Looking forward to y'all's collective wisdom,