      From: Cara Lin Bridgman <cara.lin@...>
      Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] an introduction and a battle plan for next summer
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Monday, August 25, 2008, 6:41 PM

      Hi Conifir1,

      About your bike--have you looked at <xtracycle.com> ? There's a yahoo
      group for xtracycles (<http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/rootsradic als/>)
      and members include one guy who frequently carries solar cells with
      which to recharge his bike's electric motor. Adding a FreeRadical to
      turn your bike into an Xtracycle completely eliminates any thought of
      carrying things on your back and all the inconvenience of pushing a bike
      with panniers. Quite a few people have 'xtracyclerized' their Trek bikes.

      Quite a few people are doing some real camping and traveling with
      xtracycles. Including the group that is Riding the Spine
      (<http://www.ridingth espine.com>)from Prudhoe Bay to Tierra del Fuego.
      I don't know if they're using hammocks, but other xtracyclists
      definitely are: <http://clevercycles .com/?p=238> (scroll down to see
      Hennessey Hammocks).

      You may also want to check out the yahoo group
      <http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Backpackin gLight/> for help with
      lightening up equipment.

      CL
      who has to stay away from gluten because of celiac disease.

      snips from conifir1: