19273Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Aug 9, 2008
      Hi Gregory,

      That's why I was using a taunt-line hitch. Once tied, all I had to do
      was slide it up or down the rope to adjust sag. The thing was, I had to
      tie it fresh at each camp (hmm... trees aren't always placed the same
      distance apart) and, for me, it involved putting in semipermanent knots
      from which to loop the hitch. Spectra is slippery enough that I
      couldn't just loop through tree huggers and tie the taunt-line hitch
      right back on the spectra. Instead, I needed a few wraps between the
      loop and the tree-huggers. Well, when you start doing wraps like that,
      wrapping and unwrapping a Hennessey Wrap starts looking like it has the
      same fiddle factor.

      Glad you found a system that works for you. Those JRB buckles do look
      nice and simple.

      who wears shoes with buckles

      GREGORY WELKER wrote:
      > I get tired of setting up the hammock, getting in, seeing how it sags, and then having to get out, undo at least one of the knots holding it to the trees, and then getting back in.
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic