19259Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Douglas Campbell
    Aug 8, 2008
      I just have to Ditto the case for knots. I only use about 3 or 4 easy knots
      for my hammocking. One time I was on vacation on the Oregon coast and
      didn't bring a hammock with me. I thought it would be really nice for the
      state park we were going to stay in. So I stopped by Walmart, grabbed a 50'
      bag of 3/8 yellow polypropylene hollow braid rope, 15' of their cheap
      webbing and 3 yards of a suitable $1/yard fabric. A few knots and 20
      minutes later I had a hammock that was perfectly comfortable for any
      situation (and I still have that same setup 3 years later!). I would have
      spend quite a bit more buying extra hardware to replace the knots.

      Just my two cents worth.

      Doug Campbell

      PS: I know how to tie a handcuff knot, but I've not actually used it.<g>