19254Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: would this work to hold line?

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Aug 8, 2008
      I know people who cannot even open a jar of spaghetti. Heaven forbid
      hammocking should discriminate against the knot-handicapped.

      Some people just can't do knots. So, we've lots of devices to help them
      out.

      Even for the knot-handy, these devices can be really convenient.

      Think about all the velcro closures on shoes.

      Think about the JRB quilts. They're attached to bungies with a biner.
      Knots would work just as well and save 6 g (0.2 oz) per biner.

      Think about the Hennessey hammocks. The tarp comes with plastic loops
      on each corner that can hook into the hook attached to the spectra with
      a prussik knot. Attaching the tarp to the hammock spectra with a
      taunt-line hitch would work just as well, would be lots lighter, and
      wouldn't take that much more time.

      As for special do-whichies as knot substitutes, I've lost some good
      shackles to the mud on the bottom of the lake. At least rope and string
      floats long enough to pick up out of the water.

      CL

      Bill Keiser wrote:
      > i don't understand, what is the matter with using a knot?
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic