19241Knots in Spectra

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Aug 3, 2008
      I have tied bowline and an alpine butterfly knots in my Hennessey
      Hammock spectra so I could use other ways of tying my hammock than the
      Hennessey Wrap. The Wrap was tedious and was causing some wear and tear
      on the tree huggers.

      Well, both knots were almost impossible to untie, taking 15-30 minutes
      each (no teeth, no marlinespikes). The alpine butterfly was a little
      easier. So, after tying these knots, using them, and seeing how hard
      they are to untie and what they can do to the line (shiny compressed
      sections), I've decided that the Hennessey Wrap probably is the best way
      to go if you want to take care of your spectra. It is also the
      lightest, because it does not require any extra hardware.

      I've not yet tested the Wrap on a system with a carabiner between the
      tree huggers and the spectra, but expect it will work the same, provide
      a drip-line, and prevent wear and tear on both huggers and spectra.

      CL
      who admits that tree huggers will be a whole lot easier to replace than
      spectra.
    • Show all 42 messages in this topic