19239Re: [Hammock Camping] would this work to hold line?

  • John Wilson
    Aug 3, 2008
      I would be wary -- the catalog did not give any load ratings for these
      cleats. I don't think I'd trust them to hold my weight, plus the
      extra leverage imposed by the hammock. Also, cleats like these tend
      to abrade the lines, shortening their lives. And they don't make the
      most secure connections, and thus could let you down suddenly in the
      middle of the night. I'd look to climbing hardware, rather than
      sailing gadets, for hammock use.

      John