19189[Hammock Camping] Re: Silnylon tarps

    Jul 22, 2008
      > Have you tried using a "walking foot" on your sewing machine yet?
      That's what helped me when I started working with more slippery material.
      > Tom

      That's what I do now. I got a little nicer sewing machine that had a
      walking foot included as well as an extension table. Another simple
      thing that helped was setting up on a wider table that didn't have a
      rounded corner. The rounded corner on the dining room table tended to
      make large pieces of slippery fabric misbehave.

    • Show all 56 messages in this topic