      From: Sandy Kramer
      To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 8:17 AM
      Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: Silnylon tarps

      thanks...don't happen to have a soldering iron! but now I'm even more
      confused when you said "...have just been cutting fabric with scissors."

      soooo you are refererring to the cutting system and I'm trying to work
      out the flat felled seam bit...seems as if you do/did and extra line of
      stitching and an extra fold???

      what frustrated me was how slippery it was to handle. I remember how
      in the olden days one was advised to slip tracing paper between flimsy
      fabric to make it easier to sew...i wonder if that will help...and I
      wonder where that stack of old onion skin (remember air mail letters?)
      paper is.

      sandy in miami

      > Sandy,
      > What I did was cut the fabric with a soldering iron tip and
      overlayed the two panels when I cut off the excess fabric along the
      seam that joined them together. That melted those edges together and
      kept them in place while I sewed the first stitch line.