19183Re: Silnylon tarps

    Jul 22, 2008
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@...>

      > Anyway, via google I found a posting by Youngblood on the seam he
      > sewed that is not a flat felled. Could not access his link. Dave,
      > could you post that info please. I am familiar with French seams and
      > still don't understand the difference.

      That info is still in the Photo section
      http://ph.groups.yahoo.com/group/hammockcamping/photos/view/6d9e?b=1 .
      What I did was cut the fabric with a soldering iron tip and overlayed
      the two panels when I cut off the excess fabric along the seam that
      joined them together. That melted those edges together and kept them
      in place while I sewed the first stitch line.

      I haven't used that technique in a while and have just been cutting
      fabric with scissors.

    • Show all 56 messages in this topic