19160Sewn Through Down Quilt

  • Brian H
    Jul 1, 2008
      I just came across a couple pounds of down/feather mix (probably 500 fill).
      My thought is to use some of my Wally World $1/yd 1.1 oz ripstop and sew up
      a summer quilt.

      The final dimensions ideally will be 76x48, with an omni tape and drawstring
      footbox. This is for use in a spear type hammock.

      My question to the group is, how much additional length/width should I allow
      for, knowing that I will lose some with the sewn through design, and about
      how far apart should the down channels be?

      Thanks,

      Brian H
      Folsom, CA
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic