19068cuben

  • mrbyer
    May 12, 2008
      Hey, I was wondering how your experiemnts with cuben have been going.
      I remember you telling me you were using it to make a hammock. I guess
      it went well, eh?

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, the gnome of blue island
      <shortdottedline@...> wrote:

      > my thoughts on under quilts. I have modified a nanatuk down quilt by
      removing the foot box and turning it into an under quilt. with a shock
      cord in the sides and light shock cords over the strutural ridge
      line, in my home made cuben hammock.; it works great. I also put a
      very lite (.3 ) cuben sheet on the undersiode of the nanatuk to keep
      drafts and wind heat loss at a minnimum. . I'm wondering , why cant
      you make a down under quilt with a cuben bottom and a momentum top.
      ultra lite and keeps draftds and spindrift out.