  • the gnome of blue island
    May 11, 2008
      my thoughts on under quilts. I have modified a nanatuk down quilt by removing the foot box and turning it into an under quilt. with a shock cord in the sides and  light shock cords over the  strutural ridge line, in my home made cuben hammock.; it works great. I also put a very lite (.3 ) cuben sheet on the undersiode of the nanatuk to keep drafts and wind heat loss at a minnimum. . I'm wondering , why cant you make a down under quilt with a cuben bottom and a momentum top. ultra lite and keeps draftds and spindrift out.
       the gnome of blue island

      Be a better friend, newshound, and