19064Re: [Hammock Camping] Those Sierra Nights

  • Richard Perlman
    May 9, 2008
      I have 2 set-ups which work for 40-50ยบ. The first is a Jacks'R'Better
      Shenandoah underquilt with a Hennessey Hyperlight hammock. The second
      is an older Speer PeaPod (700 down and sewn through construction) with a
      Speer III hammock.

      I only use the HH when there are bugs about. I've had the Speer set up
      into the low 20's with the
      Shenandoah as added insulation inside the PeaPod. On top is an older
      Speer TopQuilt. Having a modular system gives so much flexibility.

      Once you go "underquilt" you'll never go back to a pad.

      Rich