19048Re: [Hammock Camping] SEHHA weekend

  • Patrick
    May 3 8:28 PM
      Wanted to say how much fun AG and I had at Hot Springs. Thank you so
      much for being such gracious hosts. Tim, I hope you can make the next
      one.

      regards,
      Patrick

      > yep, i've been seeing a few pictures from the weekend.
      > i can't believe you guys... having all that fun w/o me<G>. i sure
      hated missing it.

      > someone asked me when your next one will be...
      june? ...tim

      > karens62@... wrote:
      >
      > Once again, the April Southeast Hammock Hangers weekend at Hot
      Springs is in the past and, as always, Ed and I had a wonderful time.
      We counted over 30 hammockers or wannabes including 7 who couldn't
      stay but dropped by for a visit on either Saturday or Sunday. This is
      quite a change from the first few campouts where we had a handful of
      hangers at best. I think the first 3 campouts had 10 people total
      (counting Ed?three times and me twice).?My major dissapointment for
      the weekend was that, once agin, I lost the duck race. Some year my
      duck?will win!

      > When Ed and I stopped for lunch on the way home yesterday, we kept
      commenting on how much we enjoy these weekends. Not only was the food
      great (I can't even begin to describe how yummy that cake was) but it
      never ceases to amaze us how a group of strangers can sit down around
      a campfire and have such?a pleasant?time sharing information, gossip
      and stories. We especially enjoy having families with their children
      join us. Watching kids eat marshmallows and invent endless adventures
      with just a long stick as a toy is one of the true joys of camping.