19040Re: [Hammock Camping] Making my own hammock

    Apr 27, 2008
      Mark, one option would be to buy Ed Speer's book. great source of information.
      and ed may have instructions on his web site as well. just google Speer Hammocks.
      Ed also has links on his site to a couple other great sources, like just jeff's "to the woods", & rick's site, "imrisk". two more great resources.
      making a hammock is easy. just find a suitable fabric (3.5 to 4 yards), determine the length you want, hem the edges, & add the support straps.

      oh yeah, Ed also sells DIY hammock kits. ...tim

      Mark Dixon <mark_a_dixon@...> wrote:

      I want to have a go at making my own hammock for camping. I've seen them made from a single piece of fabric.

      Does anyone have a pattern for making hammocks and all of the materials needed.

      Plus how to secure it to the tree etc.

      Mark