19021Re: [Hammock Camping] Using ascenders with a hammock

  • Cara Lin Bridgman
    Apr 24, 2008
      You can find directions for an Alpine Butterfly here
      <http://www.animatedknots.com/alpinebutterfly/index.php?LogoImage=LogoGrog.jpg&Website=www.animatedknots.com#>.

      It's very simple, but effective.

      12 ounces is a LOT of rope and is about a third of the weight of my
      hammock, rope, tree-huggers, tarp, biners, pegs, etc. It all weighs in
      at about 37 oz. JRB nest and no-sniveler are an additional 40 ounces.

      CL

      Billy Chard wrote:
      > I Must add here that I am not to knowledgeable about knots. There for
      > the 12 oz that the slap strap weights in at, and the ease of use, make
      > it benifitial to me. I do not have the experience with the HH Tree
      > Huggers, just the ENO slap straps. And as for them after 3 years or so
      > if use they haven't frayed yet.
      >
      > What Is an Alpine butterfly loop?
      >
      > Billy

      please note my mailing address: